Williston Families as Partners (FAP) started the Williston Runs! for Education 5K and Kids Fun Run event in 2012 as a fun and active way for the community to come together to show support for Williston students and teachers. In addition to promoting physical fitness, Williston Runs! for Education is an important event that raises money to support educational school programs.
The Williston FAP is comprised of parents, teachers, school administrators and community members with the single goal of making every child’s potential a reality. Through engaging and empowering families and the community, we advocate for our most precious natural resource: our children.
Dedicated to ensuring that no child goes without and that every Williston family and teacher is supported, the FAP has funded:
- field trips that extend the learning beyond the classroom;
- educational grants for classrooms to provide enhanced developmental opportunities for all students;
- new technology for classroom use;
- student services in the form of clothing, equipment and scholarships to camps for those most in need;
- speakers and workshops for parents;
- an intergenerational reading program;
- and teacher appreciation events.
Williston Runs for Education is inspired by the life and vision of Stephen Mount, a longtime chairman of the Williston FAP, a dedicated father, and a lifelong athlete. Stephen was committed to education and this community event honors Stephen and his passion for Williston’s kids.